Major Southern Great Barrier Reef Campaign Goes Live!
Posted on September 30th, 2015
This week, our major Southern Great Barrier Reef (SGBR) campaign for 2015/16 has been launched, produced in partnership between Tourism and Events Queensland, Capricorn Enterprise (CE), Gladstone Area Promotion and Development Limited (GAPDL), and Bundaberg North Burnett Tourism (BNBT).
Local operators are participating in the campaign and it’s not too late to get involved in the on-line component with on-line holiday deals live on the website from 27th September 2015 until 31st March 2016.
The campaign call to action where traffic is being directed, is www.southerngreatbarrierreef.com.au (managed by Capricorn Enterprise on behalf of the partnership) with deals also appearing on www.queensland.com/southerngreatbarrierreef.
Phase one of the media campaign is from 27 September – 30 November 2015 and Phase two is 1 February – 31 March 2016.
$400,000 has been invested by Tourism and Events Queensland (fully state government funded) to promote our fantastic destination with Phase One of the campaign including:
- City Light billboards in Brisbane (King George Square, Central Station, Treasury Casino) including digital versions and an interactive version that allows you to interactively view four of the region’s 360 panoramic images
- Social media advertising on Facebook as well as organic posts from the Southern Great Barrier Reef and Queensland channels, video pre-rolls on YouTube, search engine marketing, electronic direct mail sends to a targeted database and content syndications to push an advertorial angle
- Content series with News Limited that will see five long form stories published and promoted across couriermail.com.au for a six week period from the end of October.
- Qld Rail partnership including a printed feature early 2016 and displays at Roma street and Central stations.
Here’s how you can support this major campaign activity:
- Use #southerngreatbarrierreef and #visitcapricorn in your social channels including Facebook, Instagram, twitter etc.
- Add a SGBR campaign advertisement on your website and link to the campaign website www.southerngreatbarrierreef.com.au.
Here’s suggested copy for your website:
Welcome to the Southern Great Barrier Reef: the official start of one of the world’s great wonders. Its many islands make a fantastic destination for snorkellers, divers, sailors and fun lovers looking for a stunning, secluded holiday experience.
You can stay and relax right on the reef and get up-close and personal with the resident marine life including hundreds of species of beautiful tropical fish, turtles and manta rays. Or venture inland to the sandstone wilderness and experience our national parks and gorges. Visit ancient coral caves and unearth treasures in the Keppel Islands and Sapphire Gemfields of the Capricorn Region.
Plan your great holiday today at www.southerngreatbarrierreef.com.au
The Southern Great Barrier Reef is where great begins!