Focus on Fishing
Posted on August 31st, 2016
After the success of the annual Tight Lines Fishing Classic on the weekend raising funds for the Yeppoon Coast Guard, the focus on fishing continues in our destination (specifically the Fitzroy River in Rockhampton and Keppel Bay).
Over the next few weeks the region will be visited by several media outlets with plans to showcase the amazing fishing of offer in the region. The TV Series ‘Fishing with Mates” with Al McGlashan will be filming a 30 minute episode that will be shown on channel 9 from February-April 2017. The team will also be promoting the region through their social media channels during the visit and writing up articles for several publications, with their total promotion reaching an audience of over 775,000:
- TV Series Fish’n with Mateson Nine (250-300,000 viewers nationally per episode)
- 1 weekly full page article in the Daily Telegraph(975,000 readers)
- Articles in fishing titles :
- Modern Fishing (print: 157,000 readers)
- Kaydo Fishing World (online: 90,000 UMVs)
- Club Marine magazine (print circ 92,000 copies)
- Al’s social channels
- YouTube(2,932 subscribers)
- Facebook(118,284 followers)
- Instagram(18.3k followers)
- Twitter(935 followers)
The Queensland Government, via Tourism and Events Queensland, has provided financial support to help cover fees and production costs to execute this opportunity. The editor from ‘Fishing Monthly Magazine’ will also be paying a visit to share with the readers the array of top quality fishing on offer in our destination.