2017 Best of Queensland to showcase state’s tourism gems
Posted on October 19th, 2017
This week, Capricorn Enterprise was thrilled to host Tourism and Events Queensland and our local tourism operators to learn how to be part of a world-first marketing initiative to shine the spotlight on Queensland’s BEST tourism experiences.
By identifying products that consistently deliver high-quality visitor experiences in Queensland, our operators have an opportunity to be promoted to the world.
So how does it work? The Best of Queensland Experiences will be assessed according to online customer feedback as well as meeting other criteria like social media presence.
Operators will be assessed on five major criteria:
- Consistent delivery of an exceptional experience, based on positive customer reviews
- Website online booking capability
- Active and engaging social media presence
- RTO membership
Review Pro is a company that aggregates information on businesses from over 175 worldwide review platforms. The information is collated and provides a Global Review Index out of 100 based on a combined measure of consumer star/bubble ratings from review platforms such as TripAdvsor, Booking.com, Expedia, Facebook, Google. A minimum Global Review Index score of 80 must be achieved to meet these criteria.
No longer do we tell our customers how good we are – customers tell us how good we are….or not! This is all about “Customer Led, Experience Focussed, Destination Delivered”.
The Objectives of the Best of Queensland Program are to:
- Foster trust in the Queensland brand by ensuring the best Queensland experiences are used to promote the Queensland “Best address on earth” promise
- Develop a robust and transparent framework for identifying the Best of Queensland Experiences
- Recognise those Queensland tourism operators who consistently deliver high quality visitor experiences and celebrate the Queensland brand story
- Work in partnership with RTOs and QTIC to support the Queensland tourism industry and community to consistently deliver quality visitors experiences through the adoption of modern business practices.
As a smaller tourism destination to others in Queensland, this is an opportunity for us to be part of the state’s marketing, with successful operators being rewarded with a range of domestic and international marketing benefits which may include:
- Preference in content creation and promotion
- Prioritise display within search results on Queensland.com
- Social media content featured through the #thisisqueensland social media feed on Queensland.com
- Preference for inclusion in publicity activity, including media releases, media pitches and familarisations
- Strong product knowledge for TEQ staff to enable reactive and proactive opportunities
- Preference for editorial opportunities
- First preference for campaign advertising opportunities
- Opportunity for inclusion in TEQ led partner activity where relevant and available.
The Best of Queensland Experiences Program has been developed by Tourism and Events Queensland in close consultation with Queensland’s thirteen (13) official Regional Tourism Organisations and the Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC).
For more information visit: teq.queensland.com/bestofqldexperiences