Capricorn Enterprise is providing support with the Executive Committee to fund a pre-feasibility study for Central Queensland Intermodal Logistics Hub.
What is an intermodal logistics hub?
- A facility where non-bulk freight is transferred between different modes of transport i.e. from ship to road to rail.
- It would serve as a critical economic function for our region—allowing logistics, manufacturing and distribution companies to centralise their national warehousing and distribution operations.
- The logistics industry represents one of the key growth opportunities for Central Queensland.
Why is Central Queensland a great location for the ‘hub’?
- Central Queensland is centrally located on the north-south axis between Brisbane/Townsville and at the start of road and rail corridors to the central west.
- The position is ideal for servicing the Surat, Galilee and Bowen Basins, as well as heavy manufacturing, agriculture and other key industries.
- We have well-established heavy transport facilities already operating in the region: port; rail; road; air.
- Abundant land, water and power resources.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org