Australian Institute of Company Directors – Company Directors Course
Date(s) - 4 Oct 2017 until 20 Oct 2017
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
The Empire Apartment Hotel
Five days can make all the difference
Thinking about furthering your directorship development? The Company Directors Course has been designed for those wishing to challenge and strengthen their directorship knowledge and capabilities.
This five-day course will be split over two weeks in October. Enrol to gain a greater understanding of your duties and responsibilities as a director. Find clarity on your liabilities, sharpen your financial literacy and improve your decision-making skills.
Get a head-start on professional development that will have a long-lasting impact on your director career.
Take away practical tools and frameworks ready for immediate use in your role as a director and within the boardroom. Course materials are updated annually to ensure currency and relevance of the content.
The course materials will be available for pre-reading six weeks prior to the course commencing. The course also provides outstanding networking opportunities across a wide variety of industries and sectors. If you are serious about a career as a director or enhancing your existing directorship knowledge, we recommend the Company Directors Course.
Who should attend?
- Executive directors
- Non-executive directors
- Senior executives who report to boards from publicly listed, private, Government and not-for-profit organisations.
How will I benefit?
The Company Directors Course will provide you with the confidence and currency of knowledge to more meaningfully contribute to your board and build your director portfolio.
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Clearly understand the duties and responsibilities of directors and their fiduciary duties and compliance roles
- Introduce and apply frameworks for board decision making
- Consider issues in contemporary directorship
- Outline sound practices in governance and risk management
- Identify the board’s contribution to organisational performance and strategy development and execution
- Develop financial literacy to assess the financial health of an organisation
- Introduce and apply tools for use in the boardroom to increase effectiveness
This course is split over two weeks in October, Wednesday 4 to Friday 6 October, and Thursday 19 to Friday 20 October 2017. The intensive sessions are run by facilitators who have extensive real-world director experience coupled with the ability to create an interactive and unique learning environment.
COST: Single –
Members of AICD $6,999
Non-members of AICD $9,859