Developing Northern Australia Conference 2017
Date(s) - 19 Jun 2017 until 20 Jun 2017
8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Pullman Cairns International
Progress, Growth and Investment
The Developing Northern Australia Conference will be held at the Pullman Cairns International Hotel on Monday 19 and Tuesday 20 June 2017.
Cairns has been chosen as the destination for this annual conference following on from Townsville in 2015 and Darwin in 2016 and will focus on the theme of Progress, Growth and Investment in driving initiatives in the development of northern Australia.
Topics to be presented and discussed include land and water; food and agribusiness; forestry; resources and energy; tourism and hospitality; international education; healthcare and medical research; infrastructure; workforce opportunities; indigenous-led northern development; and developing strategic links as the Gateway to Asia.
The program features speakers that will be discussing the key opportunities and challenges in progressing northern Australia through growth and investment whilst the session presentations from industry leaders will focus on specialist topic areas. This is a must attend conference that will bring delegates from all over Australia to include thought provoking forums, opportunities to network at events and throughout the exhibitor floor and learn more about the influences and factors in developing northern Australia.
Confirmed Featured Speakers
- Professor Hurriyet Babacan, CEO, Tablelands Regional Council
- Mr Luke Bowen, General Manager, Northern Australia Development and Trade, NT Department of Trade Business and Innovation
- Senator the Hon Matt Canavan, Minister for Resources and Northern Australia
- Mr Mark Coffey, Head, Office of Northern Australia
- Mr Philip Davies, CEO, Infrastructure Australia
- Mr Eddie Fry, Board Chair, Indigenous Land Corporation
- Ms Tracey Hayes, CEO, Northern Territory Cattlemans Association
- Professor Sandra Harding, Vice Chancellor and President, James Cook University
- Ms Fiona Jose, Executive General Manager, Cape Operations, Cape York Partnership
- Ms Sheriden Morris, Chair, Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) for Developing Northern Australia
- Mr Joe Morrison, CEO, Northern Land Council
- Ms Gina Rinehart, Chairman, Hancock Prospecting (pre-recorded)
- Mr Bernard Salt, AM, Partner, KPMG
- Ms Sharon Warburton, Chair, Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility