Small business can apply for $10,000 – first in best dressed, so be quick!
Posted on May 19th, 2020
Under the $100 Million Small Business Adaption Grant Program, small businesses can apply for a grant of up to $10,000.
Grants can be used for:
- financial, legal and other professions
- marketing and communications activities (I am investigating this to see if we can co-ordinate a co-op together)
- digital or technology strategy development
- to buy specialised digital equipment or business-specific software
- meeting business costs, including utilities, rent
Applications are open now and will close when funding has been exhausted, so be quick!
To apply for the grant, please visit: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/adaption
To be eligible, the business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
The Small Business Adaption Grants will be funded through the $500 million Worker Assistance Package, which includes rapid delivery of projects to assist those who have lost their jobs or income and small businesses adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Assistance currently available for small businesses include:
- Six-month rent relief for govt building tenants
- Land tax relief for commercial property owners which must be passed onto tenants in the form of rent relief
- Payroll tax relief – 2 month refund, 3 month holiday, 6 month deferral – most businesses will not pay payroll tax for 2020
- $500 energy rebates for small and medium sized businesses
- $500 million in interest free loans
- Waiving of liquor licence fees
- Free one on one mentoring
- Free business resilience workshops at TAFE
- 15 free online TAFE courses available through Jobs Finder portal