Building Business Resilience
Date(s) - 2 Nov 2011
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Keppel Bay Sailing Club
Building business resilience
Business continuity planning
The Building business resilience: business continuity planning workshop provides information and activities to help business owners or operators develop business continuity plans, which will build the resilience of their businesses.
The free three-hour workshop is based on the comprehensive approach to business disaster management, which recognises four elements of emergency or disaster management: prevention, preparedness, response and recovery (PPRR).
You will be provided with a template to develop a business continuity plan. The template contains all the information you need to ensure that in the event of a crisis your business will be able to resume critical business activities as soon as possible.
You will learn how to:
• define the comprehensive approach to business continuity using the PPRR model
• identify potential crises that may affect your business
• assess and evaluate the impact of crises and disasters
• identify business continuity strategies
• develop a business continuity plan for your business.
The workshop caters for people who are in business and want to:
• improve their business’s resilience to crises and disasters
• learn about business continuity strategies
• develop a business continuity plan for their business.
A workshop will be held at Yeppoon
Date: Wednesday 2 November 2011
Time: 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
Venue: Keppel Bay Sailing Club
To register and to obtain more information, contact the Rockhampton Centre of the Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation:
Level 1, 149 Bolsover Street
Rockhampton Qld 4700
Telephone: 07 4938 4572
Facsimile: 07 4938 4986