Local Search Marketing
Date(s) - 6 Dec 2011 until 6 Dec 2011
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Local search marketing – learn to market locally, online
Did you know one in five searches on Google is related to location? This is particularly important news to businesses targeting a defined local market, that is, the majority of their business is likely to come from a defined geographic area. There are numerous examples of who this might apply to including beauticians, builders, electricians, osteopaths, chiropractors, doctors, lawyers, accountants, real estate agents, hairdressers and more.
Join our informative one hour webinar on local search marketing strategies, many of which are free and easy to implement and find out:
- how to create a Google Map listing if you don’t already have one
- how to claim your Google Map listing which you may have not have realised even existed
- how to market yourself on Google Places (previously known as Local Business Centre)
- how to create coupons as incentives for people searching on Google to use your business
- how to encourage reviews from your customers and how important reviews (also known as citations) are
- how to view reports of how effective your Google Places listing is
- how to add an interactive Google map to your website so people can find you easier
- how to get yourself on free and paid local search directories
- the emergence of other local marketing tools such as FourSquare, Facebook Places, Gowalla
- plus much more
Digital business strategies: How can you use it to improve your business?
Do you want to take advantage of innovative new digital technologies to improve your business, but don’t know where to start?
The Queensland Government is offering a series of free one hour web-based seminars (webinars), covering a range of digital business related topics including:
Harnessing the power of social media – Thursday 17 November 2011
Cloud computing – Tuesday 22 November 2011
Search engine optimisation – Tuesday 29 November 2011
Local search marketing – Tuesday 6 December 2011
Register for the entire series to gain a broad overview of this exciting new business opportunity, or simply join in on the topic that interests you most. You’ll learn valuable digital business skills, tips and tricks from experts in the business.
For further information visit the website or call 13 25 23.« Back to events