Mayoral Candidate Forum
Date(s) - 17 Apr 2012
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Building 18, CQUniversity
Come and hear from the mayoral candidates for the Rockhampton Regional Council election (alphabetical order).
- Cr Brad Carter
- Dominic Doblo
- Tim Griffin
- Margaret Strelow
- Lea Taylor
Capricorn Enterprise in partnership with The Morning Bulletin are hosting a Mayoral Candidate forum (as part of our 2012 Leaders Series Forum) on Tuesday 17th April 2012 from 12 noon to 2pm at the CQUniversity, Building 18 Room G.40.
We have asked the 5 Mayoral candidates to provide a 10 minute presentation on their support/views of our region’s 7 Priority Projects (listed below), as well as answer the following questions within their address:
Seven Priority Projects
1. Critical Priority Road, Rail & Air Infrastructure
2. CQUniversity and TAFE Partnership to up skill Central Queensland and form Queensland’s’ first dual sector University
3. Rockhampton Riverfront redevelopment including Convention and Sporting precincts
4. Great Keppel Island and Coastal (Yeppoon) foreshore revitalisation
5. Industrial land and associated infrastructure
6. CQ NRL Bid Success;–securing the region’s first NRL team
7. Support Major Regional Events
- Apart from these Priority Projects, can you outline your vision for the economic growth for the region and what is your plan for the region’s economy?
- Liveability has been often used to describe the Rockhampton Regions’ aspiration and positioning – are you committed to improving the “liveability” of the region and how will you do it?
- There has been much discussion on the council budget – as Mayor how will you approach the budget and what will your budget priorities be?
- Leadership and Vision are two key attributes of a Mayor; can you describe your Leadership style and Vision for this region?
After these presentations which will take a total of 50 minutes (5 x 10 minutes), the second part of the forum is to answer questions from Morning Bulletin readers and from the audience.
Each Mayoral candidate will be asked to answer each question in a one minute time-frame.
– Public Welcome –
When: Tuesday 17 April, 12 -2pm
Where: CQ University, Building 18 (G40)
RSVP: Friday 13 April to email@example.com