Regional Growth Seminar
Date(s) - 5 Jul 2017 until 5 Jul 2017
7:30 AM - 9:00 AM
This breakfast seminar will provide the CQ community and businesses with information and updates about industry developments, important regional infrastructure projects and Queensland Government initiatives supporting job creation and their delivery.
Organised by the Rockhampton office of the Department of State Development, the event will provide an opportunity to hear first-hand from key industry experts and senior government advisers associated with regional projects and programs, and demonstrate the ongoing commitment to strengthening regional economies, creating jobs and growth by ensuring local businesses are aware of opportunities available to them.
Hear about CQ’s biggest projects and programs and how to win work including:
– the $21.7 billion Adani Carmichael coal project
– the $200 million Capricornia Correctional Centre expansion
– the future of the resources sector in driving Central Queensland’s economic growth
– details about Queensland Government initiatives supporting regions and these projects:
- the $100 million Back to Work program and the assistance package which has been rolled out to boost regions facing challenging times
- the $130 million Jobs and Regional Growth Fund which is helping facilitate growth in the private sector to generate employment and economic growth opportunities in regional areas
- the $400 million Works for Queensland program which supports regional councils to undertake job-creating maintenance and minor infrastructure projects.
For more information, click here« Back to events