Keepers of the Reef featured in Qantas Spirit of Australia
Posted on November 15th, 2023
If you are flying with Qantas this November, check out the mention of Pumpkin Island and Reef Distillers on page 26 in the story titled “Keepers of the Reef”.
This beautiful 10 page story about reef guardians is supported by Tourism and Events Queensland and highlights six of the changemakers on the reef including:
- John & Jenny Edmondson, Wavelength Reef Cruises
- Larissa Hale, Queensland indigenous Women’s Ranger Network
- Peter Gash, Lady Elliot Island
- Dr Emma Camp, Marine Biologist & UTS Future Reefs Program
- Laureth Rumble, Elysian Retreat and Pumpkin Island
TEQ met with the publisher/editor of Qantas magazine in Sydney in February this year to pitch key Great Barrier Reef messages and supported this feature both financially and in kind.
Read the full story here –