Marketing the Capricorn Region
Experience Marketing can often be quite daunting for many small tourism businesses. Today’s consumers have very high expectations on what they want to receive from their travel experience therefore it is important for your business to secure your own ‘experience’ message in your marketing. To assist with this, we recommend that local businesses look to align themselves with the experience marketing that is being conducted at a regional level. In conjunction with Tourism and Events Queensland, Capricorn Enterprise has developed a list of iconic ‘Hero Experiences’ for the region. Download the following fact sheet to learn more.
An introductory guide to marketing your tourism business
Do you need help to market your tourism business? Not sure how much you should be spending on advertising or what branding is? Need to learn how to write a press release? The Big Marketing Guide covers everything you need to know to successfully market your business to consumers, media and the tourism industry. It has loads of practical information and advice to help you get started on and improve your marketing, such as:
- Domestic and international marketing;
- Digital marketing;
- Marketing to business sectors;
- Media and publicity;
- Conducting familiarisations and lots more.
The Big Marketing Guide has been developed by Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) specifically for Queensland tourism businesses and is designed for tourism and events businesses to use when starting a marketing plan.
It can be viewed online or printed as a PDF document.
How you can get involved:
Join and take advantage of our membership benefits which include:
- The opportunity to increase your exposure through attending International Trade Shows & Events
- Advertise in our annual Destination Guide at a members discount rate
- List your business on Australian Tourism Database Warehouse for maximum exposure at a discounted rate
- Digital promotion through our website and social channels
- Have your brochure displayed in our Visitor Information Centres
Interested in getting involved – contact Capricorn Enterprise to find out more on memberships and why you should join.
The main competitive strengths of Central Queensland & Southern Great Barrier are identified as:
- Diversity of experiences across the region offering visitors an authentic holiday
- Proximity to the reef and island attractions of the Southern Great Barrier Reef
- Coastal parks and pristine beaches, spectacular natural attractions, National Parks and gorges
- Excellent range of fishing, golfing and other ‘niche’ holiday experiences
- Unique natural and man-made Geo-Tourism attractions available across the Tropic of Capricorn
- Cultural heritage and Indigenous attractions/sites
- Friendly people & community lifestyle, tropical climate
- Relaxed and peaceful atmosphere
- Good air access on BNE-ROK routes, serviced by major airlines