Capricorn Enterprise Major Projects Forum
Posted on November 13th, 2018
$2 Billion reasons to smile – a Win-Win for project proponents and regional industry
What determines a successful regional industry forum?
- Ten informed and detailed presentations by project proponents, managing contractors plus political and industry leaders?
- Details on a selection of regional Projects valued at in excess of $2 Billion due to formally commence in the near future?
- An engaged industry audience of over 200 from across the central Queensland region and beyond?
- A perfect venue at Kortes Resort Conference Centre with excellent facilities including high-technology equipment plus welcoming and professional hospitality?
Industry representatives plus project leaders and proponents alike have voiced their praise of yesterday’s Major Projects Forum hosted by Capricorn Enterprise.
Capricorn Enterprise CEO Mary Carroll said, “Our Capricorn Enterprise Major Projects Forum was a huge success with over 200 participants from within our region as well as Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Perth.”
Ms Carroll said “The high calibre of yesterday’s presenters from defence, resources, renewables and water infrastructure, demonstrates the confidence in our region brought by the $2B projects on the horizon.”
“With extended detail presented on project commencement dates, work packages and importantly pre-qualification engagement requirements, local business and industry had the opportunity to get ahead of the game,” according to Regional Economic Development Manager Neil Lethlean.
What can our region expect in the coming months?
- Advanced design is underway for Defence Projects;
- Projects in the Surat, Bowen and Galilee Basins are progressing;
- Adani’s Carmichael Mine Development – anticipated programmed development phase in 2019;
- Clarke Creek Wind Project – finalisation of comprehensive feasibility and project commencement underway; and
- Rookwood Weir – final design and associated technical assessments nearing completion.
Ms Carroll advises, “Yesterday’s forum presentations will be made available to participants and the wider business and industry to help build business and industry’s knowledge of project details and timelines at this most critical juncture.”
With industry consultations to continue in 2019 for these projects, industry is reminded to remain connected and be actively engaged to take advantage of these opportunities.
For more information or media comment contact:
Mary Carroll Neil Lethlean
CEO Capricorn Enterprise Regional Economic Development Manager
0417 669 286 07 4927 2055
- Chris Birrer, First Assistant Secretary – Infrastructure, Department of Defence
- General crowd
- Chris McCombe, General Manager – Safety and Sustainability, Minerals Council of Australia
- Andrew Barger, Director – Infrastructure and Economic, Queensland Resources Council
- Lucas Dow, Chief Executive Officer, ADANI Australia
- Mark Rayner, Director, Lacour Energy
- Mitch Carr, Project Director – Rookwood Weir, SunWater Limited