Carnarvon Gorge & Takarakka – open ALL year
Posted on December 18th, 2019
With water in the creek!
Sadly – there seems to be some confusion about Carnarvon Gorge, with people staying away at the moment … based on misinformation, so here are the facts:
- Carnarvon Gorge National Park is open all year – so you can explore this summer
- Carnarvon Creek flows all the time & has plenty of water in it right now – so you can cool off after your walks
- This constant water flow means the gorge is lush & green (despite the terrible drought conditions elsewhere) – so the gorge will be stunning as always
- There are no bushfires at Carnarvon Gorge – so it’s fine to visit
- Takarakka Bush Resort is open all year round – so you have somewhere to sleep (accommodation & camping options to suit)
- The road is bitumen all the way – so your car will get you here
- And? Santa will be at Takarakka on Christmas Day – so you may get a special treat!
So YES, the gorge and Taka are open. YES, you can go for a swim. And YES, it’ll be … FUN!
Please check out www.takarakka.com.au or call on 07 4984 4535 for the lowdown on what’s going on.
Come & play – we’d LOVE to see you here! 😊
Takarakka Bush Resort, Carnarvon Gorge