Businesses opening 15th May (Stage 1)
Posted on May 13th, 2020
The following businesses will re-open from 15th May as part of Stage 1 of the COVID recovery. Restaurants will be open for up to 10 diners. Further information will be posted as it comes to hand.
Click here for businesses which will re-open from 1st June 2020.
Open for dine in, seating limited:
- Waterline Restaurant, Keppel Bay Marina
- Beaches Restaurant
- Vue Restaurant
- Freedom Fast Cats – from 22 May to 26 June 2020, Friday, Saturday & Sunday, transfers only, no cruises
- Tsuruya Restaurant – from 22 May, 3 sitting times for lunch (1 hour each) – 11:30, 12:40, 13:50, 2 sitting times for dinner (1.5 hours each) – 17:30, 19:10. Bookings required 4925 2580
- Monkey Pig Brewery & Pigglettoes Providore & Cafe – Dine-in sessions on Fridays and Saturdays 12:30-2:30pm and 3:00-5:00pm.
- Livingstone Shire Council area playgrounds, skate parks, public toilets (midnight 15th May)
- Car wash at Yeppoon multi-storey car park (15th May)
- Customer Support at Yeppoon Town Hall 9am-2pm (18th May)
- Yeppoon & Emu Park libraries 9am-2pm, Monday-Friday (18th May)
- Byfield, Marlborough, Mt Chalmers libraries hours as per normal (18th May)
- Keppel Sands Hotel Motel
The Central Highlands region is included in Outback Queensland as part of the Roadmap to ease restrictions.
• Dine-in pubs and cafes will be allowed up to 20 patrons at a time from tomorrow,16 May. Read more.
• The Visitor Information Centre in Emerald has re-opened today. It will operate weekdays 10:00am – 4:00pm and weekends 10:00am – 2:00pm. Read more.
• Fossicking areas at the Sapphire Gemfields are open from tomorrow, 16 May. Read more.
• Recreational facilities at Fairbairn Dam and Bedford Weir are open from tomorrow, 16 May. Read more.
• Outback locals will be allowed recreational travel, including overnight accommodation, of a 500km radius within Outback areas. Read more.
Central Highlands Regional Council’s public playgrounds, skate parks, outdoor gyms, libraries, transaction centres and outdoor sports facilities will re-open in line with eased restrictions.
Continuing to offer takeaways only:
- Frenchville Sports Club
- Footlights Theatre Restaurant
- Keppel Bay Sailing Club
- Riverston Tea Rooms (from 19th May 2020)
- Leichhardt Hotel
Venues that are still closed: