Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program – Round 2 opened 1st July
Posted on June 16th, 2020
If you missed out on Round 1 of the State Government’s Small Business grant of $10,000 to assist with operational costs, you can apply for Round 2 which opened on the 1st July! The allocation for regional areas is not yet exhausted, so local businesses still have the opportunity to apply. Check the grant funding allocation status here.
Only 1 application per round will be accepted from an individual ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business.
Successful applicants from round 1 of this program cannot apply for funding under round 2.
If you have submitted a round 1 application but haven’t heard back yet, you are eligible to apply for round 2.
Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
Round 2 opened 1 July 2020
The program aims to see small and micro businesses:
- prepare for the safe resumption of trading in the post COVID-19 recovery
- continue to meet operating costs
- access digital technologies to rebuild business operations and transition to a new way of doing business
- respond to online opportunities, where possible, to sustain employment and maintain potential for longer-term growth
- upskill and reskill business owners and staff to benefit from new technologies or business models
- embrace business diversification to adapt and sustain operations
- create or retain employment.
To be eligible, your business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate you have experienced a minimum 30% decline since 23 March 2020, over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant (employees must be on your payroll and does not include the business owner(s))
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the 2018–19 or 2019–20 financial year, or you can provide financial records that show this will be met for recently started small businesses
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners or directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
If you would like assistance with your application to the State Government’s Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program, or other small business advice, the Rural Financial Counselling Services Southern Queensland is offering free assistance. Contact the Small Business Financial Counsellor, Capricorn Region, Sharon Kingston 0436 122 381. Click here for more information.