GKI Progress Association Launch – Monday 8th February 5.30pm
Posted on February 2nd, 2021
A new association has been formed by community leaders in the Keppel region to represent stakeholders’ views about the future of Great Keppel Island.
The association will be launched to the public on Monday 8th February at 5.30pm at Beaches Restaurant where you will have the chance to meet the committee and the resort builder Altum. Registrations are required at: https://events.humanitix.com/gki-public-forum and questions for the committee or the resort builder Altum can be asked in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goals of the association are to:
- Increase awareness of the GKI Revitalisation Project and correct misinformation in the community.
- Give a voice to GKI Stakeholders including traditional owners, island landowners and local businesses and bring the community into the conversation.
- Monitor and provide input into the spend of taxpayer funds on Great Keppel Island.
- Help create a stronger future and economic recovery in the Central Queensland region.
The association is led by a group of passionate stakeholders in the future of GKI, including:
- Mario Mercorella (Caltex Rosslyn Bay)
- Kelly Harris and Amy Boodle (Hideaway Resort)
- Max Allen (Freedom FastCats)
- John Gavel (Rosslyn Bay Fisherman’s Market)
- Shane and Dot Bonney (Tropical Vibes)
- Gerry Christie (Island Pizza and Caretaker of GKI resort leases)
- Ross O’Reilly (Beaches, Rosslyn Bay Wellness Retreats & High Valley Dawn Permaculture Farm)
- Geoff Mercer (GKI Holiday Village)
- Rob and Leigh McCready (Altum Property Group)