Rockhampton Ring Road Industry Briefing held Monday 31st July
Posted on August 2nd, 2023
The Rockhampton Ring Road Industry Briefing, held at the Frenchville Club on the 31st of July, provided the opportunity to hear an update on project timeframes and progress. Staff from the two major contractors, Acciona-Fulton Hogan JV and Bielby-BMD JV presented on the scope, timeframes and procurement information for their respective packages.
The scope of South Package 1 (Acciona-Fulton Hogan) consists of:
- Rockhampton–Ridgelands Road upgrade including Canoona Road intersection, replacement of Lion Creek bridge, modifications to Osborne Road, and construction of the Ridgelands Road–Osborne Road roundabout with a stub for future connection to the ring road.
- Upgrade of Nine Mile Road/Rockhampton–Ridgelands Road intersection.
- Preload of embankment between the Capricorn Highway and Abutment A of Bridge BR04 (over soft soils).
The North package 1 (BMD-Beilby) consists of:
- Construction of the ring road section between the Bruce Highway/Rockhampton-Yeppoon Road intersection and Monier Road embankment.
- Works required for the realigned Boundary Road, McLaughlin Street, existing Boundary Road, and Monier Road access.
- Construction of accesses for Dreamtime Cultural Centre, Queensland Ambulance Service and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services precinct.
Contact information for each of the major contractors was provider per below. In addition, suppliers are encouraged to register their interest for the project via the ICN Rockhampton Ring Road Project Page:
Contractor Contact Information:
- Accionia-Fulton Hogan JV – South Package 1 – LSU@fultonhogan.com.au
- BMD-Beilby JV – North Package 1 – RRR-North@RockyJV.com.au