Entrepreneurs’ Programme for Tourism Businesses
Posted on November 9th, 2016
Eligible tourism businesses can receive a free business evaluation, which provides recommendations to help them grow. If those recommendations are implemented there is up to $20,000, dollar for dollar to assist in implementing those recommendations.
You may be eligible if you:
1. are an eligible corporation that is non tax-exempt and is registered for GST
2. are located and/or have significant operations in Northern Australia
3. are a tourism business operating in Northern Australia
4. have a company with an annual turnover or operating expenditure between $750,000 and $100 million and are solvent
5. are operating in Australia and filed business activity statements showing ongoing trading for at least three successive years
6. satisfy the eligibility criteria specific to the relevant Activity and
7. are not named by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an organization that has not complied with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Cth).
The second element is the Tourism Partnerships programme. This offers an experienced private sector Business Facilitator to work with a group of eligible tourism businesses (see above) on a range of challenges which could include:
1. providing innovative and collaborative approaches to marketing and/or packaging opportunities for the benefit of all participants
2. identifying strategies for collaboration on common business interests
3. helping to solve common business challenges
4. developing a Tourism Partnership Plan including recommendations for the group or consortium to improve capability and competitiveness.
Following development of a Tourism Partnerships plan, the group of businesses may be eligible to apply for a Business Growth Grant through a lead business.
Attached are two supporting documents that provide further information about these programmers.
The link to the webpage is: https://www.business.gov.au/assistance/northern-australia-tourism-initiative