2017 CAPRICORNIA BUSINESS AWARDS!
Posted on November 7th, 2017
Capricorn Enterprise Members scooped half of the prizes at last week’s Annual Capricornia Business Awards held in Rockhampton.
Artisan Gluten Free Bakery took out the coveted overall BEST Business of the Year Award as well as the Best Small Business, with owner Keely Roberts and her business partner, Simone Lawrie, crediting their incredible chef and team behind its success since opening just a couple years ago.
Artisan Gluten Free Bakery participated in the Capricorn Enterprise Economic Gardening Program in March this year and attributes some of their business learnings to this high growth business development program.
Whisk Yeppoon, a favourite for locals and visitors, took out the Best New Business Award with Andrew Ireland attributing their business success to their children, who provide consistent good food and service.
Keppel Bay Sailing Club again won the Best Staff Development Award, with Manager Julie Strudwick accepting the Award on behalf of her incredible team.
Capricorn Sandstone Quarries won the Best Exporter Award and Beef Australia won the Best Tourism Arts & Culture Award.
The Capricornia Business Awards are sponsored and supported by Rockhampton Regional Council, Livingstone Shire Council, Capricorn Enterprise, Capricornia Chamber of Commerce and The Morning Bulletin.
Capricorn Enterprise CEO Mary Carroll said “The magic of business happens every single day when our locals live, breathe and work their passion. Awards represent the culmination of long hours and financial risk, but the satisfaction of knowing that it is all worth it.”
LSC Mayor Bill Ludwig proudly announced on stage “To our Capricorn Coast Business winners – go you good things!”
Category Winners (Capricorn Enterprise Members in bold):
- Best New Business – Whisk Yeppoon
- Best Community Supporter – Westfund Health Insurance
- Best Small Business – Artisan Gluten Free Bakery
- Best Micro Business – Type Transcripts – Online Audio Transcription Services
- Best National/International Export of Local Products & Services – Capricorn Sandstone Quarries
- Most Innovative Business – Jett Building Construction
- Best Staff Development – Keppel Bay Sailing Club
- Best Tourism Arts & Culture – Beef Australia
- Best Young Entrepreneur – SkyDreams Australia
- Best Customer Service – Attune Hearing
- People’s Choice – Happy Herb Shop
- Best Business of the Year – Artisan Gluten Free Bakery
Photo Courtesy of Capricornia Newspapers/The Morning Bulletin