NATIONAL ROAD SAFETY WEEK
Posted on May 7th, 2019
Capricorn Enterprise is supporting National Road Safety Week 2019, being held from 6 to 12 May. CEO Mary Carroll, along with local business, sporting and political leaders, was at The Hall State School crossing yesterday (Tuesday, 7th May) morning, operating the “Stop/Go” sign after being trained to promote safe road crossings.
National Road Safety Week is an initiative of Safer Australian Highways and Roads (SARAH) Group, founded by President Peter Frazer, partnering with road safety advocates across Australia to reduce the number of deaths and serious injuries caused by crashes on our roads. The SARAH Group was founded following the tragic death of Mr Frazer’s daughter Sarah, who was killed in a roadside crash on the Hume Highway in 2012.
National Road Safety Week is an opportunity to collectively raise awareness and educate our communities about how everyone can play their part in reducing the impact of road trauma in Australia.
- National Road Safety Week 2019 will be held from 6 to 12 May.
- The theme of National Road Safety Week 2019 is lead the way: drive so others survive.
- This year’s theme builds recognition that everyone, as individuals and collectively, can be a leader for road safety – through our own behaviour, by serving as role models, by supporting those affected by road trauma, and by sharing the road safety message.
- Each year, around 1200 people are killed and another 35,000 are seriously injured in crashes on Australian roads.
- National Road Safety Week is an annual event which highlights the ongoing impact of road trauma and encourages all drivers to consider their consequences of their driving behaviour and drive so others survive.
- National Road Safety Week 2019 coincides with the United Nations Global Road Safety Week 2019, which is the final Global Road Safety Week to be held within the UN Decade of Action on Road Safety 2011–2020.
How to support National Road Safety Week 2019:
- Make your road safety pledge online – visit www.roadsafetyweek.net.au/home/#home/pledge
- Wear a yellow ribbon pin – visit http://www.roadsafetyweek.net.au/get-involved
- Share messages on your VMS network: National Road Safety Week | 6 – 12 May | Drive so others survive
- Start a road safety conversation with your colleagues, friends and family
- Promote your support by using the email signatures, screensaver or social media tiles available from the National Road Safety Week website – www.roadsafetyweek.net.au/branding
For more information
National Road Safety Week
- Website: www.roadsafetyweek.net.au/road-safety-week
- Artwork files: www.roadsafetyweek.net.au/branding
- Website: www.sarahgroup.org/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/SarahGroup.Org
- Twitter: @SarahGroup
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/sarahgroup1/
Department of Transport and Main Roads’ StreetSmarts road safety program
- Website: https://streetsmarts.initiatives.qld.gov.au/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/StreetSmartsqld
- Twitter: @StreetSmartsQLD
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/streetsmartsqld/
- Email: email@example.com