Diverse line up of events across the Tropic of Capricorn
Posted on April 30th, 2019
From Twilight Tastings to Triathlons, and pinot to precious stones, the Capricorn region has such a diverse range of events you’ll find yourself sipping, savouring, singing, and sporting your way through this beautiful part of the Southern Great Barrier Reef.
Capricorn Enterprise, CEO, Mary Carroll said, “The diversity of events in the region provides a wonderful platform for highlighting what the region has to offer.”
“Each year, there are many high-quality events held throughout our region, expressing diversity as well as showcasing the facilities, expertise and creativity of the local operators,” she said.
The event calendar of the Capricorn region boasts a unique line up of events, such as:
- Paradise Lagoon Campdraft Thursday 2 – Sunday 5 May
- Golden Mount Festival Friday 3 – Monday 6 May
- Fitzroy River Barra Bash Thursday 23 – Saturday 25 May
- Inaugural Capricorn Coast Writers Festival Friday 31st May – Sunday 2nd June
- Pop Up Polo Saturday 8 June
- 7 Rocky River Run Sunday 30 June
- Adani Rockhampton River Festival Friday 12 – Sunday 14 July
- Yeppoon Triathlon Festival Saturday 20 – Sunday 21 July
- Brisbane to Keppel Yacht Race Friday 2 August
- CQUniversity Village Festival Friday 2 – Sunday 11 August
- Gemfest – Festival Of Gems Thursday 8 – Sunday 11 August
- Challenge Rockhampton Friday 6 – Sunday 8 September
- Emu Park Fishing Classic Friday 6 – Sunday 8 September
- The Capricorn Food and Wine Festival Thursday 26 – Sunday 29 September
- Yeppoon Lions Tropical Pinefest Friday 11 October – Sunday 13 October
- Rocky Barra Bounty Monday 21 – Wednesday 23 October
“Our region’s event organisers, sponsors and volunteers are to be congratulated for their proactive approach to identify, attract, and nurture events.”
“The official regional tourism organisation, Capricorn Enterprise, works with event organisers to attract new visitors that would otherwise not experience what our region has to offer through an event calendar filled with community, arts, cultural and sporting events,” said Ms Carroll.
This strategic approach ensures the region continues to reach its full potential and that everybody shares in the economic and community benefits created by events.
With such a packed events calendar, visitors and locals alike have access to an exciting range of experiences across the entire Capricorn region. Events engage both our community and encourages an increased length of stay by visitors.
Experience the diversity within the region with vibrant music festivals, country horse events, yachts, gems and rodeos. From camp draft to camembert, and from merlot and music you’re invited to share in the celebrations.
As we enter our busy Winter events season, visit www.capricornholidays.com.au/whats-on to keep up to date with events right across our region!