Posted on December 4th, 2019
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services has advised that it appears our bushfire season will continue well into 2020. Community safety remains a high priority with QFES providing the following advice.
- It’s important for everyone to be prepared for the threat of bushfire and to have a plan for themselves, their family and their pets whether they are visiting a location or just passing through.
- QFES staff and volunteers are always ready to roll up their sleeves to protect communities and we’re asking everybody to join us by ensuring they, too, are prepared.
- Know your local risks, develop a plan and work with local networks to help prepare for and respond to severe events.
- Emergencies can strike unexpectedly and sometimes you may be asked to evacuate, often with little warning or limited time to gather your possessions.
- Having an emergency kit ready, as well as a plan for you and your family, will help reduce stress in an already stressful situation.
- For bushfire preparation tips and to create your own bushfire survival plan, visit the RFS website at ww.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/BushFire_Safety