Eat, drink and be Kerry
Posted on December 4th, 2019
Capricorn Enterprise was proud to host well known travel and food writer, Kerry Heaney to the region. Capricorn Enterprise commissioned Kerry Heaney to visit our region, in order to write Eat and Drink content for our www.VisitCapricorn.com.au website and also to promote our region via stories in travel publications she writes for.
Known as “Eat, Drink and Be Kerry”, Kerry Heaney is often referred to as one of the most respected and well connected travel and food writers based in South East Queensland. Established for well over 11 years, she is known for writing about her personal experiences, and has become a trusted guide for many to find the best travel destinations, local dining options and events.
The Capricorn region has some great food and drink experiences on offer, and several of these where pitched as story ideas to Kerry Heaney including an amazing Fitzroy River Experience including fly in, check in, and boat out within the hour.
Kerry was given the amazing experience of catching a king threadfin right in the middle of town, then a stay at the Empire Apartment Hotel to dine on the balcony overlooking the mighty Fitzroy River while eating her catch of the day. The Empire Apartment Hotel organised for a private chef to come to her room and cook her catch combined with local produce.
Here is the lunch menu created for Kerry Heaney by local chef Roel van Camp using local produce and flavours from the Capricorn region:
– Local Thread Fin salmon ‘amok’ with turmeric, lemongrass & coconut.
– Local caught barramundi with Piperade sauce & almonds.
– Local ‘Pure Gold’ pineapple with Capricorn spiced rum from the Saleyards, lemon sorbet & mint granita.
In addition to the above story angle, Kerry Heaney also met with many different operators to share their passion, hear their stories and share in their products. She has come away from the region pleasantly surprised about how much the region has grown and impressed by the level of professionalism she encountered everywhere.
There are several great stories to be shared from her visit. We will keep you posted on these as they go to print.
Thank you to the following members for creating an amazing experience for this important travel writer:
- Empire Apartment Hotel
- RISE Environmental and Guiding Service
- CQ River Cruises
- Saleyards Distillery
- Great Western Hotel
- Riverston Tea Rooms
- Artizan Gluten Free Bakery
- Vue Wine Bar and Restaurant
- High Valley Dawn Permaculture Farm
- Beaches Restaurant
- Rosslyn Bay Resort
- The Waterline Restaurant
- Keppel Konnections
- Great Keppel Island Hideaway
- Rockhampton Helicopters
- Pigglettoes Providore and Monkey Pig Brewery
A bit of background about Kerry Heaney of Eat, Drink and Be Kerry:
- Kerry has worked with many tourism brands and regional tourism organisations including Tourism Events Queensland, Tourism Noosa, Fraser Coast Tourism and Bundaberg Tourism.
- She has created content that has helped them get their message out to tens of thousands of readers of her social channels and also for the publications she writes for.
- Kerry writes for such publications as Brisbane Airport Magazine and News Corp’s Sunday Escape section (online and print) and 50 Something for National Seniors, Vacations and Travel Magazine. She also shares her journeys on her travel blog: https://eatdrinkandbekerry.net/
- Her target market fits well with the Capricorn region. Her demographic is mostly (60%) women aged 25-64 years – many with young families – living predominantly in South East Queensland (including Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast).
- 10,100 followers on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/eatdrinkandbekerry/?hl=en
- 6,600 followers on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/eatdrinkandbekerry/