Tourism Industry Reference Panel
Posted on May 11th, 2021
The State Government via Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) has created a Tourism Industry Reference Panel.
All three members of the panel have extensive experience in the tourism industry – Liz Savage (Chair), Andrew McEvoy and Brett Godfrey.
The Panel will focus on ways the tourism industry can build back better, including:
- Changes in consumer demand and emerging market opportunities
- Queensland’s brand positioning against competitor destinations, as both a state and destination specific brands
- Enablers of tourism growth, including skills, infrastructure and technology
- Re-building airline capacity into Queensland as well as other transport options
- Opportunities for new products and experiences, including shovel ready projects capable of spurring investment, rejuvenation and visitation
- Opportunities for events to drive visitation, including to regional areas and during off-peak periods
- Opportunities for Queensland to increase its share of international education
Submissions close Friday 11th June to the discussion paper: