Celebrating Women in our Rural Industries
Date(s) - 8 May 2018
7:00 AM - 8:30 AM
The Rockhampton Grammar School Beef Week Breakfast
Celebrate the contributions women are making to our rural landscape and the differences they’re making in the lives of others.
The Rockhampton Grammar School joining the Beef celebrations in May hosting a Beef Week Breakfast at the RGS Rowing Club (Harman St) on Tuesday, 8 May, from 7am – 8.30am.
We will be “Celebrating Women in our Rural Industries” and meeting a group of women who are each providing a different set of skills to provide further benefits to the rural landscape.
Guest Speakers are:
- Joy McClymont developed Off the Track Training, an online programme designed to help people both in remote areas and towns with physical and mental wellbeing. http://www.offthetracktraining.com.au/
- Beryl Neilsen, the founder of the Winchester Foundation which helps young rural students with their educational pursuits. https://winchesterfoundation.org/
- Lucinda Corrigan is an experienced non executive director and chair of innovation companies including Meat and Livestock Australia for 9 years. Lucinda is a sought after speaker and mentor to young people in agribusiness. Lucinda was awarded the Women in Australian Agribusiness Leader award in 2014.
- Shannon Landmark, member of the Queensland Alliance for Food and Agriculture and Innovation, University of Qld. Shannon is a young vet and is currently involved in the Meat and Livestock Australia Northern Genomics trial. Working with a few RGS families at present. Her work territory includes all of Queensland and the Northern Territory and the top end of Western Australia.
- Edwina Robertson, a leading country wedding photographer. http://edwinarobertson.com/
For more information on the breakfast and to purchase tickets visit – http://www.rgs.qld.edu.au/breakfast
A buffet breakfast will be served on the morning. Tickets are $30 each or $200 for a table of 8.
Tickets must be pre-purchased before the event for catering purposes.
For further information, please contact Rachael McDonald at Rockhampton Grammar School – 07 4936 0776 or 0402 441 660
« Back to events