The Year of Opportunity for the Central Highlands
Date(s) - 21 Nov 2014 until 21 Nov 2014
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
As highlighted in the 2014 Central Highlands Economic Profile, tourism is a key growth industry for the region, with opportunities predominantly around our local natural assets.
CHDC’s final business luncheon of the year will look at how local operators can start positioning themselves to capitalise on emerging opportunities in the Central Highlands in 2015 and beyond.
Four high-level speakers will explain what is being done and what can be done to take advantage of this potential.
Following formalities, there will be an informal end-of-year wrap and networking session for the Central Highlands’ tourism industry.
Cost: $60 (inc GST), includes buffet lunch, dessert and drinks
Book: Register by 5:00pm, Monday, 17 November. Book Now
Mary Carroll, Chief Executive Officer, Capricorn Enterprise.
- To detail the tourism and economic development body’s recent and future destination marketing activity and projects to attract tourism investment and opportunity to the Central Highlands.
Peter Homan, General Manager, Outback Queensland Tourism (pictured)
- To discuss how Central Highlands operators can work closer with their neighbours to increase visitor numbers and their length of stay.
Peter Maguire, Mayor, Central Highlands Regional Council
- To provide an overview of recent CHRC initiatives to further support local business.
Peter Grigg, Tourism Development Officer, Central Highlands Development Corporation
- To give a summary of what has been achieved this year and what’s ahead for 2015
Peter Moore, Principal Ranger (Capricornia) Central Region, Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service
- To explain the process for establishing new ecotourism products, experiences and activities in the region’s national parks.
« Back to events