Shoalwater Bay project remains a shining light
Posted on March 30th, 2020
Amid the current doom and gloom surrounding our region, Laing O’Rourke is continuing to deliver the Australia-Singapore Military Training Initiative (ASMTI) Facilities Project at Shoalwater Bay, calling for expressions of interest from local businesses who can contribute to the project.
The project, which involves constructing new and upgrading existing facilities and infrastructure at Shoalwater Bay Training Area north or Rockhampton, will support training activities of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and Singapore Armed Forces (SAF).
In the current environment, Laing O’Rourke along with many other Regional Major Project managers have recognised more than ever that local suppliers are going to become further integral to successful outcomes of project delivery.
Whilst many businesses are bidding farewell to staff and closing their doors for potentially the next six months, our region’s key major projects continue to power forward, providing opportunities for both business and employment.
Keen to hear from any businesses that can and are interested in supplying to the project, Laing O’Rourke has put a call out for the following services:
- Construction Works – General Civil
- Construction Works – HV Infrastructure
- Construction Works – Corridors
- Construction Works – Electrical Services
- Construction Works – Communication Services
- Trade Prelims – Scaffolding
- Construction Works – Precast Supply & Install
- Trade Prelims – Weed Management
- Construction Works – Hydraulic Services
- Construction Works – Structural Steel Supply & Install
- Construction Works – Reinforcement Supply
- Trade Prelims – Precinct A – Civil site set up and access
- Construction Works – Formwork/Reinforcement/Concrete (FRP)(Eastern)
- Construction Works – Metalwork & Balustrading
- Construction Works – Roof Fall Arrest Systems
- Trade Prelims – Mobile Crane Package
- Construction Works – Door Frame Supply
- Construction Works – Door Supply & Install & Hardware Install
- Construction Works – Hardware Supply
Capricorn Enterprise CEO, Mary Carroll is urging CQ businesses to tender for the services outlined and keep our major project committed to their goals for local industry participation. “The ASMTI Facilities Project is targeting 80 percent of local participation and throughout the delivery phase, Laing O’Rourke has already achieved 71% local industry engagement. This trend will only increase as they award more sub-contracts and activity on site increases,” said Mary.
To register your interest in this project, email ASMTI@laingorourke.com.au or contact Dominique McGregor on 4923 8444.