Carmichael Mine & Rail Project – October 2020 Update
Posted on October 13th, 2020
- Construction of the Carmichael Mine & Rail Project is continuing on schedule. While COVID-19 restrictions have eased, the safety of people and communities is a priority and Adani Australia are following all regulations from Queensland Health and the Federal Government to manage the risk of the virus.
- More than $1.5 billion in contracts have now been awarded for the Carmichael Project. More than 88% of those contracts are being delivered in Queensland and are spread across all the corners of the state to give as many regions as possible the opportunity to benefit from the project, while also enabling Adani Australia to tap into the highly-skilled construction and resources industry workforce that Queensland possesses.
- Before construction commenced, Adani Australia said they would deliver 1,500 direct jobs and they have now surpassed that number. Their mine and rail camps are nearing capacity during the construction phase. The permanent roles will come with the operation of the mine and rail, bringing prosperity to the people and economies of regional Queensland for decades to come.
- Since commencing work last year, construction activity onsite has included work to remove overburden in the mine open cut, land clearing and surveying, fencing works, civil earthworks, building roads, pads, site office establishment, dam construction, airfield expansion and rail laying.
- Adani has already spent $20 million upgrading roads in regional Queensland and there’s another $100 million to come. They are doing that so local communities and ratepayers don’t have to cover the cost of the wear and tear their trucks and utes cause to these roads. They are paying their own way. At the same time they are making roads better for people in the regions like the graziers and residents who use them.
| Information: |
Jobs with the Carmichael Project: www.carmichaeljobs.com.au
Contractor Supplier Portal: www.adanisupplierportal.com.au
Social media: Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
Fact sheets about the Carmichael Project: www.adaniaustralia.com Project enquiries: email@example.com or 1800 423 264