Work in Paradise – post your tourism and hospitality job vacancies for free
Posted on January 18th, 2022
With many tourism businesses continuing to experience staff shortages, it’s time to make the most of the Work in Paradise program. Businesses right across Queensland can use the Tourism and Hospitality jobs site to connect with job seekers for free and promote themselves and their region to new talent.
With the campaign in market until end of January, and planning needed now to meet demand for Easter, now is the time to use the Work in Paradise program to find staff. The advertising campaign has had a great response with more than 1900 applications submitted to the Work in Paradise Incentives Scheme since mid-November 2021 and more than 2 million impressions and 20 000 clicks through to the Work in Paradise campaign site.
Don’t forget that employers can post jobs to Work in Central Queensland, find and follow up on applicants at no cost, download resumes, export information, shortlist and archive applicants. It enables the integration of job searches into social media strategies as jobs can be shared directly from the site via email or to any social media platform. If you want to go old school, you can create a printable poster and put it on a shopfront or noticeboard.
You’re encouraged to use the Work in Central Queensland platform and Work in Paradise, include links to these on your own websites and post your jobs for free. While the Work in Paradise site showcases tourism jobs, the Work in Central Queensland site is for all industries.
There are five simple steps to take to leverage Work in Paradise to your advantage:
- Post your job vacancies to the Work in Paradise Tourism and Hospitality jobs site – it’s simple and free, just follow the steps in the fact sheet
- Include a link to the Work in Paradise Incentive Scheme and the jobs site in your job advertisements
- Share your job link from the Work in Paradise Tourism and Hospitality Jobs site in your social media
- Ask Capricorn Enterprise or email firstname.lastname@example.org at the Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport to create an employer profile and then share on your social media
- Include in your communications a link that goes directly to jobs in your region – here’s how Visit Sunshine Coast used this link in their Gap Year campaign in December last year.
The Live Capricorn Coast website, developed by Capricorn enterprise, promotes the liveability of our region.
27 July 2021 – Work in Paradise – promoting tourism jobs in Queensland – capricornenterprise.com.au/2021/07/work-in-paradise-promoting-tourism-jobs-in-queensland
20 July 2021 – Work in Paradise media release – capricornenterprise.com.au/2021/07/work-in-paradise