Capricornia Business Awards Winners
Posted on November 17th, 2016
2016 Capricornia Business Awards – Congratulations to all!
In excess of 350 special guests representing local businesses celebrated the 2016 Capricornia Business Awards held at the Rockhampton Leagues Club on Friday evening November 11.
The Awards were sponsored by the Livingstone and Rockhampton Councils and organised by a partnership group comprising representatives from both Councils, Capricorn Enterprise, Capricornia Chamber of Commerce and The Morning Bulletin. With over 350 business registrations in the twelve award categories, the Awards are being hailed as “equal to the best ever”.
The six independent and neutral judges from across the region are commended on their excellent work in determining the eleven award winners while the final award winner was determined by popular vote. The judges undertook detailed evaluation of business plans, marketing strategies, staff development and training, customer service plus associated criteria.
- Sandra Hobbs, General Manager, Central Highlands Development
- Carli Homann, CEO, Gladstone Engineering Alliance
- Kim Harrington, CQUniversity, Associate Vice-Chancellor
- Graeme Kanofski, Chairman, Regional Development Fitzroy and Central West
- Michel Colen, Manager Executive Services, Gladstone Regional Council
- Karen Fitzgibbons.
In a lead up to the Awards, Capricorn Enterprise CEO Mary Carroll contributed the following editorial (in part):
“Capricorn Enterprise is extremely proud to be a partner in the 2016 Capricornia Business Awards in recognition of the outstanding contribution that business makes in terms of community and economic benefit.
“Our Purpose is to ‘Facilitate Future Prosperity’ with a commitment to advancing our dynamic region through collaboration, leadership and support. Our day to day role includes the key areas of Business Support, Destination Marketing, Tourism and Visitor Services and Investment Attraction.
“I am extremely proud to acknowledge that five of our Members and four Graduates from our Economic Gardening High Growth Business Program – Programs 1 and 2 – were recipients of Awards.”
- Keppel Bay Sailing Club – Member and dual Award winners – Categories: Best Community Enterprise and Best Staff Development;
- Carbon Link – Member and Award Winner – Category: Most Innovative Business;
- Capricorn Sandstone Quarries – Member and Award Winner – Category: Local Product Excellence
- A & B Mylec. Member and Award Winner – Category: Best International Export.
- Artisan Gluten Free Bakery – Member and Dual Award Winners – Categories: Best Marketing and Branding AND Best Customer Service. and
- Shannon Hawkes Artisan Floral Design Winner & Economic Garden participant – Category: Best New Business.