Altum Property Group working hard to proceed with GKI Resort
Posted on July 1st, 2020
Capricorn Enterprise has been very pleased to welcome Leigh and Rob McCready from Altum Property Group this week, with the couple meeting a number of key stakeholders.
Livingstone Shire Council Mayor and Councillors welcomed a detailed presentation from Altum Property Group regarding current project status.
Altum met with Federal Member for Capricornia, Michelle Landry MP, in addition to State Member for Keppel, Brittany Lauga, and Member for Rockhampton, Barry O’Rourke, as well as industry colleagues and operators.
As previously reported, Altum recently announced their Management capability has been recommended by Deloittes (read post here) and they continue to undertake their due diligence in order to proceed with the GKI Resort redevelopment as approved in 2013.
The Approved redevelopment includes:
- A new beachfront hotel comprising 250 suites of 5 star quality, day spa, restaurants, swimming pools & retail shops;
- 250 berth marina with yacht club and ferry terminal, including retail precinct;
- 700 luxury villas;
- 300 luxury apartments;
- 18 hole championship golf course designed by Greg Norman;
- Commercial airstrip providing direct access to Sydney, Brisbane and Cairns;
- Environmentally leading sustainable design which will place the resort at the forefront of global environmental tourism.
11/10/2018 Great Keppel Island Resort Sale Update
11/10/2018 Great Keppel Island resort sale confirmed
15/6/2015 Casino Solution is vital for GKI